Looking for something fun to do September 15-17? This year’s Oktoberfest Zinzinnati 2016 is taking place, and there a ton of things to do all weekend. There’s so much to do that it might just take the full weekend to take it all in! Here’s just a short list of things that you need to be sure to see/eat:
- The Running of the Wieners – many dachshunds will compete for the title of “King of the Wiener Dogs”. Definitely one event that your kids will enjoy, too.
- World’s Largest Chicken Dance – it’s truly a world record! Every year since 1994, everyone in attendace participates in the dance.
- Live Music – throughout the entire weekend there will be various bands in five different areas.
- Schnitzel – a name that rolls off the tongue, and pleases it, too! May sound intimidating, but definitely worth the wait.
- Bratwurst – a traditional sausage sandwich, but the flavor depends on the booth you visit. Try multiple throughout the weekend!
- Cream Puffs – no weekend is complete without dessert to top it off. Super-sweet cream-filled pastries will satisfy even the sweetest sweet tooth.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of items to see and eat. You really need to see it and experience it for yourself! Remember to drink responsibly, and take advantage of the public transportation available.